Re: Mixing CC and a different CLANG seems like a bad idea

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Mixing CC and a different CLANG seems like a bad idea
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
=?UTF-8?Q?Mikael_Kjellstr=c3=b6m?= <mikael.kjellstrom@mksoft.nu> writes:
> Hm, actually it's:

> CC => "ccache cc",
> CXX => "ccache c++",
> CLANG => "ccache clang",

Right.

> want me to change it to:

> CC => "ccache clang",
> CXX => "ccache c++",
> CLANG => "ccache clang",

What I actually think is we should get rid of the separate CLANG
variable.  But don't do anything to the animal's configuration
till that's settled.

BTW, that would presumably lead to wanting to use CXX = "ccache clang++",
too.  I think we don't really want inconsistent CC/CXX either ...
although at least configure knows it needs to probe CXX's flags
separately.  I suppose another way to resolve this would be for
configure to make a third set of probes to see what switches CLANG
has --- but ick.

Сообщение: Re: Mixing CC and a different CLANG seems like a bad idea
Сообщение: Re: Mixing CC and a different CLANG seems like a bad idea