Re: [HACKERS] Proper cleanup at backend exit

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Proper cleanup at backend exit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> [ should we work harder to ensure pg_listener entries get cleaned out? ]

> Seems like we should try and clean them out, especially when the backend
> is doing a normal exit.  In a panic exit, we don't need to clean it out.

OK, I will add some more code to try to cope with the exit-during-
uncommitted-transaction case.

> We can install something into proc_exit() and shmem_exit() to clean out
> the table.

The old code inserted the cleanup action into shmem_exit().  Is that the
right list to put it in?  I'm not clear on the difference between
shmem_exit and proc_exit lists...

> You can have a global variable that installed the pg_listen
> cleaner the first time a notify() is done so as not to install a new
> exit handler for each notify() call.

That part's already done.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] It sorta works, but I'm confused about locking
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] It sorta works, but I'm confused about locking