Re: a column definition list is required for functions returning "record"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: a column definition list is required for functions returning "record"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com> writes:
> On 9/7/16 2:02 PM, Merlin Moncure wrote:
>> We have that already, it's named 'json_each_text'

> Apparently you haven't looked at json parse/deparse costs ;P

Well, a PL function is gonna be none too cheap either.

Using something like JSON definitely has lots to recommend it --- eg, it
probably won't break when you find out your initial spec for the transport
format was too simplistic.

Сообщение: Re: How to assemble all fields of (any) view into a string?
Сообщение: Re: How to assemble all fields of (any) view into a string?