Re: [HACKERS] Implement targetlist SRFs using ROWS FROM() (was Changed SRF in targetlist handling)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Implement targetlist SRFs using ROWS FROM() (was Changed SRF in targetlist handling)
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Implement targetlist SRFs using ROWS FROM() (wasChanged SRF in targetlist handling)  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> "Srf" is ugly as can be, and unintelligible.  SetResult might be OK.

> The operation we're performing here, IIUC, is projection.  SetResult
> lacks a verb, although Set could be confused with one; someone might
> think this is the node that sets a result, whatever that means.
> Anyway, I suggest working Project in there somehow.  If Project by
> itself seems like it's too generic, perhaps ProjectSet or
> ProjectSetResult would be suitable.

Andres' patch is already using "SetProjectionPath" for the path struct
type.  Maybe make that "ProjectSetPath", giving rise to a "ProjectSet"
plan node?

I'm happy to do a global-search-and-replace while I'm reviewing the
patch, but let's decide on names PDQ.