Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] libpq build problem with on MS VC++

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] libpq build problem with on MS VC++
Дата
Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] libpq build problem with on MS VC++  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-patches
> Andrew Francis wrote:
>> How about avoiding #define altogether, and:
>> - Always use pgrename/pgunlink instead of rename/unlink

> We could do it but we have avoided that for cases where Unix would just
> be a pass-through.

To put that in a more positive light: we like to think that our code is
Posix-compliant and runs in a Posix-compliant environment.  We're not
thrilled about introducing non-Posix-isms for the convenience of one
platform ... especially if there's no easy way to enforce that the
nonstandard coding convention be used.

Back on track: if rename() does exist under Windows then my idea is
unreliable.  Any other thoughts?  How about #including <io.h> in port.h
(for Windows only of course) before we #define these things?

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] libpq build problem with on MS VC++
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] libpq build problem with on MS VC++