Re: Can you help solve restore problem?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Can you help solve restore problem?
Дата
Re: Can you help solve restore problem?  (Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it>)
Список pgsql-general
Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it> writes:
> This is an extract of the dump file:

> CREATE TABLE "dep_tit" (
>     "cod_rif" character(3),
>     "titolo" character varying(20),
>     "quantity" integer,
>     "costo_med_fisc" double precision,
>     "data_rif" date,
>     "ultima_quot" double precision,
>     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>     "data_ult_q" date
> );

> COPY dep_tit (cod_rif, titolo, quantity, costo_med_fisc, data_rif,
> ultima_quot, data_ult_q) FROM stdin;
> 1      Tit. a        100    3.9112    2004-07-23    -    -
> 2      Tit. b        100    4.78    2004-07-23    -    -
> [...]                                                ^^^^^^   ^^^^^^

It's pretty much impossible to believe that that's what came out of
pg_dump originally, because "-" definitely isn't a possible output value
for either double precision or date.  The best theory I can come up with
is that those columns were actually NULL in the source database, and
that something somewhere along the line munged the "\N" null markers into
"-".  Does this theory seem to you to hold any water?  Has the dump file
been subjected to any indignities like being emailed or copied onto/off
of a Windows machine?

If that is the correct analysis then the easiest fix is probably to edit
the COPY commands to add WITH NULL AS '-' (this assumes that you don't
have any fields where '-' would actually be the value).