Postgresql 8.4, XPath and name() function

От ced45
Тема Postgresql 8.4, XPath and name() function
Дата
Re: Postgresql 8.4, XPath and name() function  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi List,

I have trouble using XPath name() function in a XML field.
For example, when I execute the following query :

SELECT XPATH('name(/*)', XMLPARSE(DOCUMENT '<unit>value</unit>'))

I would like to get "unit", but I just get an empty array ({}).
How can I get "unit" ?

Thanks in advance,

Cedric