Re: moving extraUpdatedCols out of RangeTblEntry (into ModifyTable)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: moving extraUpdatedCols out of RangeTblEntry (into ModifyTable)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> writes:
> BTW, you wrote in the commit message:
>     (At present it seems that we don't enforce that for partitioning
>     either, which is likely wrong to some degree or other; but the case
>     clearly needs to be handled with traditional inheritance.)

> Maybe I'm missing something, but AFICS, neither
> traditional-inheritance child tables nor partitions allow a generated
> column with an expression that is not the same as the parent's
> expression for the same generated column:

Well, there's some large holes in that, as per my post at [1].
I'm on board with locking this down for partitioning, but we haven't
done so yet.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/2793383.1672944799%40sss.pgh.pa.us