Re: regress failed tests.. SERIOUS?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: regress failed tests.. SERIOUS?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Thomas T. Thai" <tom@minnesota.com> writes:
> PLEASE NOTE: I'm brand new to PostgreSQL as of today. I've just moved from
> MySQL because it's not stable on NetBSD/Alpha. I don't know enough about
> pgsql to see if these failed test would make it unstable for production.

Postgres 7.0.* will not work very well on Alpha unless you apply Ryan
Kirkpatrick's patch set (I forget the URL offhand, but dig around in our
archives and you'll find it).  7.1 should be a lot better.  If you'd
like to help out testing 7.1, please grab current sources from the CVS
server, or grab a snapshot tarball dated tomorrow or later.