Re: pg_restore exclude schema from being droped option

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_restore exclude schema from being droped option
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kostis Mentzelos <mentzelos@gmx.net> writes:
> Now, to backup the database I choose to create 2 scripts, BackupData.sh
> to backup all small tables and BackupHist.sh to backup history tables.
> When I call pg_restore -c to restore data tables, pg_restore report a
> failure because it is trying to drop a schema that it is not empty.

Why (or how) is the schema part of the backup at all?  If you used
pg_dump's -t switch to select the tables to back up, there should not be
a schema entry in the dump.  So there's something you're not telling us
about how you are using the tools.