Re: EXPLAIN doesn't show the actual function expression for FunctionScan

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: EXPLAIN doesn't show the actual function expression for FunctionScan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think showing it always is reasonable. �I'd like to see it printed
>> in a form such that casting to regproc will succeed.

> On second thought, that second sentence may not make sense.

It does not, because it's not the *name* of the function that I care
about --- it's the actual executable expression including arguments.

> What exactly did you have in mind for this to look like?

Wheeler's example involves
select ... from unnest(array[blah blah blah])

and I'd like it to regurgitate the whole unnest(array[blah blah blah])
expression.  Not sure how to label it exactly.  Right now you only see
Function Scan on unnest f  (cost=0.00..1.50 rows=100 width=96)

or with VERBOSE, it'll give you some info about the targetlist (the ...
above), but still nothing about the FROM expression.