Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Recognize functional dependency on primary keys.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Recognize functional dependency on primary keys.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'm not sure whether there is any clear rule for what rows you get when
>> grouping by a non-PK column in mysql, but it'll let you do it.

> I understand this.  The issue is how many people who complained about
> our GROUP BY behavior were grouping by something that was a primary key,
> and how many were not using a primary key?  The former will no longer
> complain.

No doubt, but the TODO entry you removed is still 100% accurately
worded, and what's more the archive entry it links to clearly describes
exactly the point at issue, namely that grouping by a PK *isn't*
indeterminate.  You were wrong to remove it.