Re: column name is "LIMIT"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: column name is "LIMIT"
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> quote_ident() function doesn't quote reserved words ... as it IMHO is
> supposed to do.

You're right, it probably should.  The equivalent code in pg_dump knows
about this, but quote_ident() doesn't.

One thing that's been on my mind with respect to all this is that it
would be nice not to quote "non-reserved" keywords.  Most of the weird
non-SQL-spec keywords that we have are non-reserved, and we could more
easily keep them out of people's faces if we didn't quote them in dumps.
Of course such a policy would raise the ante for any change that makes
an existing keyword reserved when it wasn't before, but that's already
a dangerous kind of change.