Re: Add proper planner support for ORDER BY / DISTINCT aggregates

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Add proper planner support for ORDER BY / DISTINCT aggregates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> writes:
> BTW, I wonder if we should have checked CoercionForm before
> fix_upper_expr_mutator steps into CoerceViaIO->arg to adjust the expr
> there.

I will just quote what it says in primnodes.h:

 * NB: equal() ignores CoercionForm fields, therefore this *must* not carry
 * any semantically significant information.

If you think the planner should act differently for different values of
CoercionForm, you are mistaken.  Maybe this is evidence of some
previous bit of brain-fade, but if so we need to fix that.