Re: pg_dump versus SERIAL, round N

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump versus SERIAL, round N
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> What method will people use to see if a sequence used as a default is
> one that was created by SERIAL, and will be dropped by drop table, or
> manually created?  How does that distinction show up in pg_dump?

Hm.  It will show in pg_dump because there will (or won't) be an ALTER
SEQUENCE OWNED BY command, but right now the only way to see if a
sequence is owned is to look in pg_depend for a link to a table column.
That's how it's always been before, too --- have you noticed any
complaints?

We could consider adding something to psql's \ds display to show
ownership, but that's definitely getting into the realm of "new feature"
rather than "bug fix", and given the lack of past requests for it
I can't say that I find it to be an immediate must-have.

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump versus SERIAL, round N
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump versus SERIAL, round N