Re: [GENERAL] Dynamic use of RAISE with USING to generate and catch non-hardcoded custom exceptions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Dynamic use of RAISE with USING to generate and catch non-hardcoded custom exceptions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
mike davis <mike.davis65@hotmail.com> writes:
> I'm trying to get dynamic version of the RAISE command working so
> that I can use a table of custom application error messages and codes
> for use by all developed plpgsql functions.

This works for me:

DO $$
DECLARE v_msg TEXT := 'SOMETHING IS WRONG'; v_sqlstate TEXT := 'E0001';
BEGIN RAISE EXCEPTION USING message = v_msg, errcode = v_sqlstate;
EXCEPTION WHEN SQLSTATE 'E0001' THEN    RAISE NOTICE '%','Error E0001 raised - going to do something about it'; WHEN
OTHERSTHEN    RAISE NOTICE 'OTHER ERRORS: %,%', sqlstate,sqlerrm;

END$$;

NOTICE:  Error E0001 raised - going to do something about it

Or you could do
 RAISE EXCEPTION SQLSTATE v_sqlstate USING message = v_msg;