Re: Streaming replication as a separate permissions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Streaming replication as a separate permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> On 12/23/10 2:21 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Well, that's one laudable goal here, but "secure by default" is another
>> one that ought to be taken into consideration.

> I don't see how *not* granting the superuser replication permissions
> makes things more secure.  The superuser can grant replication
> permissions to itself, so why is suspending them by default beneficial?
>  I'm not following your logic here.

Well, the reverse of that is just as true: if we ship it without
replication permissions on the postgres user, people can change that if
they'd rather not create a separate role for replication.  But I think
we should encourage people to NOT do it that way.  Setting it up that
way by default hardly encourages use of a more secure arrangement.