Re: Incremental View Maintenance: ERROR: out of shared memory

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Incremental View Maintenance: ERROR: out of shared memory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
>> here is an unexpected error found while testing IVM v11 patches
>> ERROR:  out of shared memory

> I think we could avoid such an error in IVM by reusing a temp table in
> a session or a transaction.

I'm more than a little bit astonished that this proposed patch is
creating temp tables at all.  ISTM that that implies that it's
being implemented at the wrong level of abstraction, and it will be
full of security problems, as well as performance problems above
and beyond the one described here.

Сообщение: Re: TAP testing for psql's tab completion code
Сообщение: Re: TAP testing for psql's tab completion code