Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Tender Wang,

08.04.2024 13:43, Tender Wang wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I went through the MERGE/SPLIT partition codes today, thanks for the works.  I found some grammar errors:
>  i. in error messages(Users can see this grammar errors, not friendly).
> ii. in codes comments

On a quick glance, I saw also:
NULL-value
partitionde
splited
temparary

And a trailing whitespace at:
      the quarter partition back to monthly partitions:
warning: 1 line adds whitespace errors.

I'm also confused by "administrators" here:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/ddl-partitioning.html

(We can find on the same page, for instance:
... whereas table inheritance allows data to be divided in a manner of
the user's choosing.
It seems to me, that "users" should work for merging partitions as well.)

Though the documentation addition requires more than just a quick glance,
of course.

Best regards,
Alexander