Re: how to clear server log

От Ben Chobot
Тема Re: how to clear server log
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Feb 24, 2010, at 7:57 AM, Amy Smith wrote:

> this is the server log file, how many days server log files need to be keep as a mimumum ?
>
> thanks

That question is up to you to answer. How far back do you want to be able to look? What do you do with your log files?
Asyou no doubt have realized, more logs take more space and so you can't just keep everything, but generally the more
thebetter. As a data point that may or may not be good advice for you, we keep a week's worth of log files, but mostly
that'sjust for paranoia. We do all our processing in real-time or the day after.