Re: Remote administration functionality

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Remote administration functionality
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Alright, sorry to just jump in here in the middle, but I don't see why
> pg_hba.conf couldn't be made to work just like pg_shadow (or rather,
> pg_authid or whatever it is now :).

(1) pg_hba.conf is fundamentally order-sensitive; SQL tables are
fundamentally not.  I think it would be a bad idea to try to make
pg_hba.conf be an image of a SQL table.

(2) You have to be able to edit pg_hba.conf manually before you start
the server for the first time.

Сообщение: Re: Remote administration functionality
Сообщение: Re: Remote administration functionality