Re: [BUGS] Bug in create operator and/or initdb

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] Bug in create operator and/or initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"John Hansen" <john@geeknet.com.au> writes:
> In that case may I suggest fixing the catalog so network_* functions exists for both datatypes!

Redesigning the inet/cidr distinction is on the to-do list (though I'm
afraid not very high on the list).  ISTM it should either be one type
with a distinguishing bit in the runtime representation, or two types
with no such bit needed.  Having both is a schizophrenic design.  It's
led directly to bugs in the past, and I think there are still some
corner cases that act oddly (see the archives).

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] Bug in create operator and/or initdb
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] Bug in create operator and/or initdb