Re: [GENERAL] spi/timetravel: unique constraint violation on UPDATE

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] spi/timetravel: unique constraint violation on UPDATE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
postgresql@get-experience.com writes:
> I'm having a problem with the timetravel extension. Following simple schema:
> What am I doing wrong here? According to the function comment in
> timetravel.c it should:
> a) set last-version row to NEW data; valid_from=now()
> b) insert a new row with OLD data; valid_to=now() - at this point the
> old valid_from is already supposed to be updated.

I don't see anywhere in that comment that says "the old valid_from is
already supposed to be updated".  Given that the INSERT of the cloned row
happens during the BEFORE UPDATE trigger, it would take a lot of magic
for things to happen that way ;-).

Perhaps you could make your PK be on (id, valid_from, valid_to).