Re: Change authentication error message (patch)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Change authentication error message (patch)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I have developed the attached patch to fix this problem.  Do I need to
> say "invalid user or invalid or expired password"?

I'm not convinced that this improves anything.  The problem might not in
fact be either of the things you mention, in which case the new message
is outright misleading.  Also, what of the policy stated in the header
comment for the function you're hacking, ie we intentionally don't reveal
the precise cause of the failure to the client?