Re: Add two missing tests in 035_standby_logical_decoding.pl

От Drouvot, Bertrand
Тема Re: Add two missing tests in 035_standby_logical_decoding.pl
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 5/6/23 4:10 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Fri, May 5, 2023 at 7:53 PM Drouvot, Bertrand
> <bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 5/5/23 2:28 PM, Amit Kapila wrote:
>>> On Fri, May 5, 2023 at 5:36 PM Drouvot, Bertrand
>>
>> So, even on a successful test, we can see that the WAL file we expect to be removed on the standby has not been
recycledon the primary before the test.

> Okay, one possibility of not removing on primary is that at the time
> of checkpoint (when we compute RedoRecPtr), the wal_swtich and insert
> is not yet performed because in that case it will compute the
> RedoRecPtr as a location before those operations which would be 0000*3
> file. However, it is not clear how is that possible except from a
> background checkpoint happening at that point but from LOGs, it
> appears that the checkpoint triggered by test has recycled the wal
> files.
>
>>> I think we need to add more DEBUG info to find that
>>> out. Can you please try to print 'RedoRecPtr', '_logSegNo', and
>>> recptr?
>>>

>> Yes, will do.
>>

> Okay, thanks, please try to print similar locations on standby in
> CreateRestartPoint().

The extra information is displayed that way:

https://github.com/bdrouvot/postgres/commit/a3d6d58d105b379c04a17a1129bfb709302588ca#diff-c1cb3ab2a19606390c1a7ed00ffe5a45531702ca5faf999d401c548f8951c65bR6822-R6830

https://github.com/bdrouvot/postgres/commit/a3d6d58d105b379c04a17a1129bfb709302588ca#diff-c1cb3ab2a19606390c1a7ed00ffe5a45531702ca5faf999d401c548f8951c65bR7269-R7271

https://github.com/bdrouvot/postgres/commit/a3d6d58d105b379c04a17a1129bfb709302588ca#diff-c1cb3ab2a19606390c1a7ed00ffe5a45531702ca5faf999d401c548f8951c65bR7281-R7284

There is 2 runs with this extra info in place:

A successful one: https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6528745436086272
A failed one: https://cirrus-ci.com/task/4558139312308224

For both the testrun.zip is available in the Artifacts section.

Sharing this now in case you want to have a look (I'll have a look at them early next week on my side).

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team