Re: Parallel query and temp_file_limit

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Parallel query and temp_file_limit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> writes:
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think that it is not worth mentioning specifically for
>> temp_file_limit; to me that seems to be a hole with no bottom.  We'll
>> end up arguing about which GUCs should mention it specifically and
>> there will be no end to it.

> I don't think that you need it for any other GUC, so I really don't
> know why you're concerned about a slippery slope.

FWIW, I agree with Robert on this.  It seems just weird to call out
temp_file_limit specifically.  Also, I don't agree that that's the
only interesting per-process resource consumption; max_files_per_process
seems much more likely to cause trouble in practice.

Perhaps we could change the wording of temp_file_limit's description
from "space that a session can use" to "space that a process can use"
to help clarify this?