Re: How to enable partial matching on a GIN index

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to enable partial matching on a GIN index
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Chris Spencer <chrisspen@gmail.com> writes:
> I recently setup a GIN index on a large database, and it's performance is
> spectacular. However, I noticed by default it doesn't allow searching by
> partial matches.

What's your grounds for claiming that?

We recently fixed a bug whereby the planner overestimated the cost of
partial-match index scans, which might discourage it from choosing an
index scan versus other plans, but that's a lot different from "doesn't
allow".  In any case, the bug only manifests if you've never vacuumed the
table since creating the index ...