Re: named parameters in SQL functions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: named parameters in SQL functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Chernow <ac@esilo.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> (But having said that, an alternate qualification name is something
>> that could be implemented if there were any agreement on what to use.)

> Would something like ARG.name be acceptable?

It all depends on how likely you think it is that the function would use
a table name or alias matching ARG (or any other proposal).

It's certainly true that the function name itself is not immune from
conflicts of that sort ... in fact I think we saw a bug report recently
from someone who had intentionally chosen a plpgsql function name equal
to a table name used in the function :-(.  So I'm not wedded to the
function name entirely.  But it has precedent in plpgsql, and that
precedent came from Oracle, so I don't think we should lightly make SQL
functions do something different.

Сообщение: Re: named parameters in SQL functions
Сообщение: Re: named parameters in SQL functions