Re: 8.2 features status

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.2 features status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 12:19:54AM -0400, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
>> FTI is a biggie in my mind.  I know it ain't happening for 8.2, but is
>> the general plan to integrate TSearch2 directly into the backend?

> When the Tsearch developers say so I think.

Yeah, that's my take too.  Oleg and Teodor obviously feel it's not "done"
yet, and ISTM leaving it in contrib gives them more flexibility in a
couple of ways:
* they can make user-visible API changes without people getting as upset as if they were changing core features;
* because it is a removable contrib module, they can (and do) offer back-ports of newer versions to existing PG release
branches.

I think some descendant of tsearch2 will eventually be in core, but
we'll wait till we're pretty certain it's feature-stable.