Re: Picture with Postgres and Delphi

От Brian Hirt
Тема Re: Picture with Postgres and Delphi
Дата
Список pgsql-general
How do you deal with backing up the images?   Right now i can remote
backup my filesystem using rsync to an offsite location many times a
day, only taking a very small amount of I/O, bandwidth and time.
Dealing with the backup scared me away from using postgres in the first
place.   The idea of doing a 200gb dump multiple times a day on an
image database scares me.   So does doing a vacuum on it.  The I/O,
time and bandwidth required to do this is daunting.

Are there any suggestions on how to do incremental backups of the
images and any other suggestions on performance?  In the future I'd
like to move some filesystem images to postgres to have a centralized
storage.  It would make some things easier, but i'm not sure it's worth
the additional problems.  Hopefully i'm imagining the problems.

--brian