Re: Type Name / Internal name returned by pg_catalog.format_type with/without prepended schema name?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Type Name / Internal name returned by pg_catalog.format_type with/without prepended schema name?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> I was wondering if anyone could shed some light with type names returned by pg_catalog.format_type sometimes having
theschema name prepended, and sometimes not? I'm calling it like format_type(pg_type.oid, NULL) .

General case: the schema name is used if the type wouldn't be found
without it, according to your current search_path.

There are some specific built-in types for which schema names are
never used, because their names are actually keywords according to SQL
(which a fortiori means there's no ambiguity on the lookup side).

От: Glyn Astill
Сообщение: Type Name / Internal name returned by pg_catalog.format_type with/without prepended schema name?
От: Glyn Astill
Сообщение: Re: Type Name / Internal name returned by pg_catalog.format_type with/without prepended schema name?