Re: Postgresql's table & index compared to that of MySQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgresql's table & index compared to that of MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andy <angelflow@yahoo.com> writes:
> Your results of 867MB for Postgresql & 3,576 MB for InnoDB are surprising. Do you know why it is so much smaller for
Postgresql?Are there any indexes?

If I understood the original report correctly, they were complaining
mostly about index size, so a table without indexes certainly isn't
a real helpful comparison.  Still, this brings up an important point:
AFAICS the paper doesn't even mention which mysql storage engine they're
using.  So it's *really* hard to tell what we're comparing to.

> Are all Postgresql indexes based on GIN & GiST?

No, certainly not.  See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/indexes-types.html