Re: Extended Query Protocol Question

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Extended Query Protocol Question
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Greg <grigorey@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> Hi all. I cant get my head around Extended Query message flow in Frontend/Backend protocol v3.
>> From documentation I understand that I have to sent Parse, Bind and Execute messages and expect responses:
ParseComplete& ReadyForQuery for Prase, BindComplete & ReadyForQuery for Bind and as for Execute reponse I should get
DataRow(s).
> so far I'm getting proper reponses for Prase & Bind but when I send Execute message I get an error "ERROR C34000M
portal"MyPortal" does not exist F.\src\backend\tcop\postgres.c L1810Rexec_execute_message'.

> Why this message is been displayed after I get ParseComplete & BindComplete messages?

The two most likely explanations I can think of are
(1) you didn't give the same portal name in Bind as in Execute; or
(2) you did something between those two commands that ended the
transaction and thus caused the portal to be closed.

От: Greg
Сообщение: Extended Query Protocol Question
От: Greg
Сообщение: Re: Extended Query Protocol Question