Re: Highly academic: local etcd & Patroni Cluster for testing on asingle host

От Paul Förster
Тема Re: Highly academic: local etcd & Patroni Cluster for testing on asingle host
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Alexander,

> On 26. Feb, 2020, at 09:19, Alexander Kukushkin <cyberdemn@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's not correct, Patroni will happily pick up the existing data directory.

maybe I didn't express myself correctly. Of course it does. Otherwise replication wouldn't make sense. I meant,
startinga Patroni replica for the first time will copy everything over from the master as it is.

> This is also not correct. One can specify arbitrarily parameters for
> pg_basebackup in the Patroni config file:
> postgresql:
>  basebackup:
>    tablespace-mapping: /foo=/bar
>    waldir: /my/waldir

I didn't know that. Thanks very much. :-) I'll give it a try.

So, this is a Patroni question and not a PostgreSQL question after all and actually doesn't belong here anyway. Still,
thanksfor the answer.

Cheers,
Paul