Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQL branches

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQL branches
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Oisin Glynn <me@oisinglynn.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Anyway I think that a fair case could be made for dropping the 8.0
>> branch now, and maybe 8.1 too, as far as Windows support goes.

> My 8.2c,
> Having 8.1 end of life this soon after the release of 8.2 seems pretty
> harsh.

That's fine, I just wanted to run that idea up the flagpole and see if
anyone would salute.  The important point is that no one has spoken
against retiring 8.0-on-Windows now.  (Don't tell me people actually
listened to us when we said not to run production with it ;-))

What'd probably be a good idea is for someone to go through the CVS logs
and check for 8.2 Windows portability fixes that have not gotten into
the 8.1 branch.  If we want to continue supporting 8.1 then we should
make sure it's up to speed.  I think there might have been some changes
we didn't back-port because we hadn't enough confidence in them, but 8.2
has been out long enough now that we can be pretty sure it's not a
regression.

Сообщение: Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQL branches
Сообщение: Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQL branches