Re: libpq: How to get the error code after a failed PGconn connection

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: libpq: How to get the error code after a failed PGconn connection
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello World <worldanizer@gmail.com> writes:
> Given the following code.
> PGconn* const conn=PQconnectdbParams(keywords, values, false);
> if(! conn || PQstatus(conn)!=CONNECTION_OK){ /* error code? */ }

> - In case of a failed connection is there a way to get the error code to be
> able to distinguish between a (e.g.) bad password and the server being down.

1. This question is not really material for the -hackers list.

2. No, I'm afraid.  libpq does not currently assign SQLSTATE error codes
to errors it detects internally, so even if there were an API for this,
it would fail to return anything in a lot of cases.  Fixing that is on
the TODO list, but it's been there for a long time, so don't hold your
breath ...