Re: Process priority.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Process priority.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Theo Galanakis <Theo.Galanakis@lonelyplanet.com.au> writes:
>     I wrote a C program that can be called through postgres via stored
> procedures. It allows you to change the current postmaster process priority.

You are aware that that's widely considered either useless or
counterproductive?  Renice-ing one backend seldom gives helpful results,
because (a) what usually matters more than CPU usage is I/O, and renice
doesn't change I/O priorities; (b) priority inversion results in
higher-priority backends blocking behind the low-priority one whenever
it's managed to acquire a lock.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: