Re: BUG #10611: pg_restore incorrectly restores DB dump (plain and tar format) containing LARGE OBJECTS witdh commen

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #10611: pg_restore incorrectly restores DB dump (plain and tar format) containing LARGE OBJECTS witdh commen
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
jacek.zalewski@asseco.pl writes:
> My database includes many LARGE OBJECTs with COMMENTs set by COMMENT ON
> LARGE OBJECT clause.
> ... when database includes more than 'unknown' numeber of LARGE OBJECTs
> with COMMENTS, I can't restore dump#1 and dump#2 using commands:

Thanks for the report.  This doesn't happen with pg_dump from 9.0 or
later, but I can confirm it's an issue with dumps from 8.4.  Although
8.4 is due to reach end-of-life next month, this seems worth fixing
because we would like newer pg_restore versions to be able to read
dumps from 8.4, and right now they can't if there are too many blob
comments.  So I've committed a fix.

In the meantime, you can dodge the problem if necessary by piping
pg_restore's text output into psql, rather than doing a direct-to-database
restore.

Сообщение: Re: pg_restore PostgreSQL 9.3.3 problems
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore PostgreSQL 9.3.3 problems