Re: static genericcostestimate

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: static genericcostestimate
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Ramy M. Hassan" <rhassan@cs.purdue.edu> writes:
> The genericcostestimate function is currently static. This limits the
> development of new access methods as loadable modules without touching
> pgsql sources. Currently I have to include a copy of the function in the
> module, which is obviously too bad.
> Is there any reason to keep this function static ?

Is it really of much use for your access method?  It's such a crude hack
that I didn't want to encourage people to use it ... it is really just a
stopgap until someone gets around to thinking harder about the actual
access behavior of the existing index AMs.

BTW, what are you working on?  I had no idea that anyone was
experimenting with new index methods.