Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1197)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1197)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> writes:
> However, I think we have a few issues, and it makes unclear whether
> we can make an agreement in the community.
> The one is a cost of security hooks. They consume a bit more CPU steps
> when a security mechanism is enabled. The other is prevention to override
> a few hooks (ExecutorRun_hook and planner_hook), because they assume
> standard implementations to be executed.

I think your chances of taking those hooks away are zero.  It would
cripple a lot of other facilities that people are more interested in
than they are in SEPostgres.  In any case, the only way to use those
hooks is to load C code into the backend, and anyone who can do that
already has the keys to the kingdom.  I hope you are not suffering
from any illusions about being able to defend against arbitrary add-on
C code.

Сообщение: Re: HEAD build failure on win32 mingw
Сообщение: Re: HEAD build failure on win32 mingw