Re: v7.3.1 tar ready ... please check it ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: v7.3.1 tar ready ... please check it ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Dave Page wrote:
>> Maybe we should? The more publicity the better etc...

> The problem is that there is nothing to announce ... "Hi, we fixed some
> bugs"? :)  minor releases don't have any features added to them, so isn't
> really news worthy ... :(

I think this is exactly the difference between "press release" and
"technical announcement" that Marc was getting beat up on just a couple
weeks ago.  A bug-fix-only update is not worthy of a press release.
It is worthy of a technical announcement --- which is exactly what Marc
plans to push out to pgsql-announce as soon as the FTP mirrors are up
to date.