Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables in VACUUM commands

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables in VACUUM commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Bossart, Nathan" <bossartn@amazon.com> writes:
> Since get_rel_oids() was altered in 19de0ab2, here is a new version of
> the patch.

I thought it would be a good idea to get this done before walking away
from the commitfest and letting all this info get swapped out of my
head.  So I've reviewed and pushed this.

I took out most of the infrastructure you'd put in for constructing
RangeVars for tables not explicitly named on the command line.  It
was buggy (eg you can't assume a relcache entry will stick around)
and I don't believe it's necessary.  I don't think that warnings
should be issued for any tables not explicitly named.

In any case, though, the extent to which we should add more warning
or log output seems like a fit topic for a new thread and a separate
patch.  Let's call this one done.