Re: Unable to connect to a server

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unable to connect to a server
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"A. Kretschmer" <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com> writes:
> am  Tue, dem 11.11.2008, um 17:37:35 -0800 mailte Steve Henry folgendes:
>> I'm a newbie, using the Mac platform.
>> From doing some reading, I think the solution is to change the value
>> of  listen_addresses to '*'

> Not only that, you should also edit your pg_hba.conf to allow remote
> access.

Another likely gotcha is the platform's firewall -- you may have to poke
a hole for port 5432 using the security tab in system preferences.

>> But I don't know where to do that.  I'm using pgAdmin3.  Can it be
>> done there?  Or do I need to use Terminal?

Just open up the files with TextEdit or your favorite other plain-text
editor.  They're in whatever PGDATA directory you pointed initdb at.
You'll need to restart the postmaster after changing listen_addresses.

Сообщение: Re: Unable to connect to a server
Сообщение: Re: Unable to connect to a server