Re: Strange behavior of PostgreSQL on Linux

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Strange behavior of PostgreSQL on Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Denis Perchine <dyp@perchine.com> writes:
> Looks like it tries to read on socket which is already closed from other
> side. And it seems like recv did not return in this case. Is this OK, or
> kernel bug?

Sounds like a kernel bug --- recv() should *always* return immediately
if the socket is known closed.  I'd think the kernel didn't believe the
socket was closed, if not for your lsof evidence.  That's certainly
pointing a finger at the kernel...

We've heard (undetailed) reports before of backends hanging around when
the client was long gone.  I always assumed that the client machine had
failed to disconnect properly, but now I wonder.  A kernel bug might
explain those reports.