Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.
Дата
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Changing the unit setting would also be a behavioral change. �I think
>> what Bruce is suggesting is that this is simply not worth worrying about
>> in the back branches.

> It seems pretty strange not to at least document it.  And I'm not wild
> about adding documentation that says "Even though this value purports
> to be in kilobytes, it's really not", but I guess we can.

Uh, no, the suggestion is to do *nothing* in the back branches.  Yes
they're buggy, but without any field complaints, it's hard to argue that
anyone much cares.  And I agree with Greg Smith that for anyone who does
care, a behavioral change in a minor release is much harder to deal with
than a change at a major release.

Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.