Re: mcvstats serialization code is still shy of a load

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: mcvstats serialization code is still shy of a load
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> OK. Attached is a patch ditching the alignment in serialized data. I've
> ditched the macros to access parts of serialized data, and everything
> gets copied.

I lack energy to actually read this patch right now, and I don't currently
have an opinion about whether it's worth another catversion bump to fix
this stuff in v12.  But I did test the patch, and I can confirm it gets
through the core regression tests on hppa (both gaur's host environment
with gcc 3.4.6, and the OpenBSD installation with gcc 4.2.1).