Re: case insensitive search with greek characters

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: case insensitive search with greek characters
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Giannis Vrentzos <gvre@NOSPAM.gvre.gr> writes:
> ... everything is fine. As you can see the problem is at char � .
> I 'm using ENCODING = 'ISO_8859_7'. I also tried with unicode but no luck.

upper/lower casing behavior depends on locale, not encoding (though you
also need to be sure your encoding is what the selected locale expects).
I suspect you initdb'd with the wrong locale environment settings.
Check by doing
    show lc_ctype;
    show lc_collate;
If it's not the right thing then you'll need to re-initdb :-(