Re: [HACKERS] Performance improvement for joins where outer side is unique

От Antonin Houska
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Performance improvement for joins where outer side is unique
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 19 January 2017 at 11:06, David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > Old patch no longer applies, so I've attached a rebased patch. This
> > also re-adds a comment line which I mistakenly removed.
>
> (meanwhile Andres commits 69f4b9c)
>
> I should've waited a bit longer.
>
> Here's another that fixes the new conflicts.

I suspect that "inner" and "outer" relation / tuple are sometimes confused in
comments:

* analyzejoins.c:70
"searches for subsequent matching outer tuples."

* analyzejoins.c:972

/** innerrel_is_unique*      Check for proofs which prove that 'innerrel' can, at most, match a*      single tuple in
'outerrel'based on the join condition in*      'restrictlist'.*/

* relation.h:1831
bool        inner_unique;    /* inner side of join matches no more than one                             * outer side
tuple*/

--
Antonin Houska
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH