Re: Perl 5.18 breaks pl/perl regression tests?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Perl 5.18 breaks pl/perl regression tests?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kaare Rasmussen <kaare@jasonic.dk> writes:
> That page is not updated, it seems. In this list
> https://metacpan.org/module/RJBS/perl-5.18.0/pod/perldelta.pod
> is mentioned "Line numbers at the end of a string eval are no longer off
> by one. [perl #114658]"

Hah.  That leads to
http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commitdiff/451f421
in which it's said "What happens is that eval tacks "\n;" on to the end
of the string if it does not already end with a semicolon."

So we could likely hide the cross-version difference in behavior by
adjusting these two test cases to include a semicolon in the eval'd
string.