Re: [patch] helps fe-connect.c handle -EINTR more gracefully

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [patch] helps fe-connect.c handle -EINTR more gracefully
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Libpq certainly does deal with system calls being interrupted:  It does
> not allow them to be interrupted.  Take a look into the file pqsignal.c to
> see why.

???  Are you momentarily confusing backend and frontend libpq?

AFAICT the client-side libpq doesn't (and shouldn't) touch signal
handling at all, except for a couple of places in the print routines
that temporarily block SIGPIPE.

Since we deal happily with EINTR for most of the frontend socket calls,
I don't see a reason not to cope with it for connect() too.  I am
somewhat concerned about what exactly it means for a non-blocking
connect, however.  Maybe it doesn't mean anything, and we could treat
it the same as EINPROGRESS.